Human Name: Dierick Clouse
Nicknames: Scratch, Satan, Mephisto, plasterer of lies, The Deliverer, Malthael King of the Crossroads
Titles: Hell Lord. The Keeper of Souls, King of Limbo 'The First Circle of Hell'
Mephistopheles is not the Devil. He’s Mephistopheles or Mephisto. He’s a devil or a demon, but he’s not the Devil.
He’s not a Biblical creature and didn’t come out of ancient Middle Eastern religions that Christianity (or some earlier religion) might have demonized. He wasn’t a competing tribe’s god and doesn’t appear in the Bible, except perhaps, as Judas. He appears as Faustus is giving in to temptation, using demonic magic to summon him. But it seems Mephistopheles is not summoned; he was just passing by. Faust has no powers over Mephistopheles, but both are gentlemen and each agrees to service under a contract. Mephisto will serve Faust for a time, and then Faust will go to Hell. For Faust, it’s a fair price to pay. Hell can’t be all that bad, and twenty four years of life is invaluable.
Mephisto's realm includes the Arena of Tainted Souls where tainted souls are locked in perpetual combat. Mephisto delights in impersonating the Biblical Satan. Empowered by the souls of the damned, he often strikes deceptive bargains with the living. Mephisto takes particular interest in the souls of extremely powerful or exceptionally pure beings. But mostly he takes personal interest in those who are already corrupt.
Living in many forms, Mephisto would keep wandering around the living collecting corrupted souls and bringing them down to hell. He amuses the corrupted souls letting them do what their hearts desires only to have them fall in the end. Once a servant of the devil he had gained great knowledge on his own but he doesn't tell anyone. With the many souls he has collected gave him the rank as a Hell-Lord who takes his own rules.
Mephisto was well known for dabbling with dark magic using it for his own advantages over others. Whispers spoke of a demon who came to a woman one night teaching her the powers of witch craft that only she could master. He even told her that she was the most powerful being who could master the power of magic. She was of course a chaotic soul that wanted nothing more than power, so Mephisto told her a way by gather all the wicked people from her home town and make a ritual to gain her and their desires. Shame herself for believing the devil, for in the end she was found out casting spells while the wicked souls would become mad accusing everyone to be a witch until the devil collected his due, Mephisto thought it was cute as they called the tragedy 'The Salem Witch Trials.'
Now Mephisto doesn't like to stick in the crowd for so long; he likes to express himself more as a trickster rather than a ruler. But he manages to do both at times, Some say that he is a master of lies, others say he is evil personified. No one knows for certain, but one thing is certain; He is the deliverer of souls. One tale in particular would be the story of Faust and his first encounter with Mephisto or Mephistopheles giving him a few days to live and when the time came he took him straight to hell. However, not much is still known about Mephisto which the story may still be just that; a story.
We Fallen Few
Only few know this, other would not believe it; but the truth was, Mephistopheles wasn't always Mephistopheles. Before Lucifer rebelled Mephistopheles was once an Angel of wisdom; his name-- was Malthael. He was one who prefers to explore and meet the new children and beasts that god had made. He would always gaze upon earth and dream of one day becoming an Archangel. But even if he dreams he still has his duty as a scribe of god.
His duty involved writing down the word of the lord and teaching new angels on defense and the arts of guidance. He didn't teach order recruits; owe no he had also tuitered the elites as well. His favorite pupils were the main three; Lucifer, Gabriel and Michael. They may have known how to handle themselves with a sword, but without Malthael the arts of strategy and emotion would be in a uncontrolable state. Other then teaching, Malthael had a knack for creating artifacts and landmarks. God once told him to build a realm for those that would cause corruption in the world of men.
That realm was not called hell at the time, but the name fit perfectly for the land that he helped create. When the time came Lucifer came to Malthael asking him for aid on the rebellion agaonst God. His fellow scribes believed that he would turn such a thing down but Malthael surprised everyone by accepting Lucifer's request. The rebellion was long, and Malthael was now standing in front of his favorite Pupils; Gabriel. He knew what was to come and he accepted his fate as Gabriel ripped of Malthael's wings and casted him out of heaven and into the realm he made; That was how Mephistoheles came to be.
The Hell Lord looks like the every day appearance of the devil, but with out the horns. However, he does hold one look that he uses at times when he is top side. Looking rather strapping with a suit and tie. Brownish hair and around 5 ft 8. He uses that form almost all the time so expect to have a few glances from people whenever he is around. But always remember; behind the face is a cold hearted demon that would not flinch when its your time to leave the world.
Mephistopheles choice of weapon that he keeps by his side at all times. This blade can kill angels, and deities alike, he crafted it on his own; other high level demons have blades such as these when they have gone through the war between Angels and Demons. Mephistopheles was one of the elites, and he keeps his blade within his cane and keeps it sheathed. The blade can cut through anything, even the hardest substance, even magic as well. But he barely uses it and doesn't let anyone know about this since he likes to keep it as a surprise.
Mephisto is not one to judge when it comes to sharing a bed, he is not shy when it comes to sex. But most of the time he prefers to be single and always mingle. When he is finished with them however, he does not care of what happens next.
Lucifer Morningstar- One that Mephistopheles trusts with his being. He doesn't want to leave the fallen angels said no matter what. When Lucifer let hell He would visit him whenever he could. Mephistopheles tends to be Lucifer's advisor at times.
Nothing satisfies me but your soul
Powers & Abilities
- Immortality: Mephisto is suggested to be immortal because of his self-description that he lived long before the universe existed.
- Dark Magic: When Mephisto reveals himself to Faust with his dark magic for the first time, he says he is a part of that power that always wants evil, but always makes good, which might mean that Mephisto is part of evil itself.
- Shape-Shifting: Mephisto came into Faust's lab by disguising himself as a poodle.
- Controlling Elements: Mephisto said that he tried to destroy the world often with the elementals and if he would not have kept fire for himself, he would never have anything. In "Auerbach's Keller", he creates a small flame to scare the guests.
- Reality-Warping: In the movie (but not in the book), he is shown to warp reality: in the disguise of a poodle (the poodle's not seen in the movie), he ran behind a shelf in Faust's lab, starting to shift his shape with smoke. When Faust tried to command the being he let come into his house, shouting against the smoke, Mephistopheles is shown to sit already on the floor behind Faust.
- Deals/Contracts- Mephistopheles can only use greater magic by deals and is bound by them. Without making a deal all he can do is what regular demons with power can do.
- Holy Blade: An angels blade could kill him and make him cease to exist.
- Lucifer: Mephistopheles would do always be by his side when he asks of him. He would die for him and would come back to him even if he was betrayed by the fallen angel.
- Host: Not much of a weakness; more like a need, No mortal could comprehend his demonic appearance, they could only see what their minds would allow. So in order to fit in he seeks out worthy vessels that could sate his needs and desire